On Monday and Tuesday, June 25-26, Bo Adams and Jill Gough facilitated a ten-hour workshop on PBL at The Center for Teaching Summer Institute (#CFTSI12 on Twitter). With this post (see below the bulleted list), we are hoping to encourage and support the most important part of any conference or institute for professional learning – the “taking-things-back-to-school-to-enhance-learning” part.
- Appetizer Flights: Pre-Institute Assignment [Synergy-PBL: Questions are waypoints on the path of wisdom #CFTSI12 (1 of 3)]
- The First Course: “School Tools” – PBL for the Adult Palette [Synergy-PBL: Questions are waypoints on the path of wisdom #CFTSI12 (2 of 3)]
- The Second Course: “School’s Cool” – PBL for the Student-Learner [Synergy-PBL: Questions are waypoints on the path of wisdom #CFTSI12 (3 of 3)]
Synergy-PBL: Questions are waypoints on the path of wisdom #CFTSI12 (After 3)
Coffee and Dessert: What Will Sweeten Your Teaching After #CFTSI12?
(180 Days of Possibility in 2012-13 – Keeping the Conversation Going)
CHALLENGE: Many believe that this is actually the best part of the meal. The #CFTSI12 for Synergy and PBL is complete, but the fun, decadent portion has just begun. As we all know, peak learning tends toward project-based experiences, and students long remember the sweetness of the projects that they taste and savor. Additionally, Steven Johnson advocates for coffeehouse environments that create the conditions for great conversations and colliding hunches. So…let’s feed our sweet tooth and share in those magical after-diner-coffee conversations. When (not if!) you implement PBL with your student learners, share the plates and cups with the entire table – POST your writing, resources, insights, and struggles regarding your PBL implementations. If you have a blog, please consider cross-posting to Synergy2Learn as a contributing author. If you don’t have a blog of your own, we still invite you to post to our collective-wisdom site for PBL - Synergy2Learn.
- When you are ready to share and contribute, email Jill and Bo, and we will set you up as “contributors” to the Synergy2Learn PBL blog.
- After you are set up as a contributing author, you can keep on posting about your pursuits and accomplishments with PBL.
- Even if you did not physically participate in the #CFTSI12 for Synergy and PBL, this offer still applies!
Amazing stories of PBL experiments, implementations, and accomplishments from our #CFTSI12 participants and blog readers (hopefully!)…